Activities and Programs:
• Provide luncheons for Veterans participating in independent living classes for low vision/blind
persons at the local Veterans Administration Hospital.
• Provide funding for "Vets Roll" a ground-based 4-day trip to Washington DC for Veterans to tour the sites honoring their service.
• Host Veterans and their families to entertainment opportunities including, but not limited to,
transportation and tickets for plays performed by local community theater groups, tickets to local
minor league sporting events and similar events.
• Provide scholarships to students who engage in programs/community activities that support
Veterans Organizations or Veterans and their families.
• Assist Veterans in completing applications for benefits earned by their service provided through the
• Provide funding for programs at local Veterans Administration facilities that help "Homeless Veterans"
re-enter the work force.
• Provide volunteer workers and financial support to local community-based not-for-profit organizations
Toys For Tots.
Provide assistance to Veterans navigating the Veterans Administration documentation. Since American Veterans was formed, we have helped close to 300 veterans needing assistance.
ORGANIZATIONS WE SUPPORT
Donated $2,500.00 2017-Present
The American Veteran is one of our greatest treasures - the men and women who answered our nation's call, especially at times of our greatest need. At VetsRoll, Inc® , our mission is to thank and pay tribute to these heroes - especially our WWII and most senior Veterans and 'Rosie-the-Riveters' - by transporting them to Washington, D.C. over four days of honor and remembrance, at no cost to our heroes.
Hines Veteran Administration Hospital Blind Center
Total Costs $9,000.57 2017-Present
Hosted luncheons for Veterans participating in the independent living classes conducted at the Edward Hines VA Hospital"s Blind Rehabilitation Center.
Donated $5,626.57 2017-Present
To organizations that provide housing, employment and other services to US Veterans and their families as they transition from homelessness to independent living.
Kiwanis International River Forest - Oak Park Club
Provided Volunteers for "2017:18 Peanut Days"
THE KIWANIS MISSION
Kiwanis empowers communities to improve the world by making lasting differences in the lives of children.
Toys For Tots
Area coordinator 2017-Present
2017 toys collected 267
2018 toys collected 286
Below are our Toys For Tots sponsors, lets give them our support and lets break some records.